Saturday, June 4, 2011

Book buying spree

I know I know ... I haven't finished the last books I bought last time and normally I wait until I'm done with all the books I buy before buying more. That's mainly because you need more discipline than I have if you do that. I read The catcher in the rye and Animal farm from last week visit at Renaud Bray. I was about to start The road by Cormac McCarthy but now I have this difficult choice to make for my next read. I bought Darkness, take my hand by Dennis Lehane, recommended by Ben from Dead End Follies and Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. I might still read The road first, but I glanced at the first pages of Darkness, take my hand and I'd say it sounds very promising. I shall use that as a motivation to read The road really fast so I can start reading Lehane. I'm glad I limited myself to two new addition because I had like 5-6 titles in my hand to choose from. I almost left with 3 books. I found it hard to let Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote behind. You might not understand this but I live in a region of the province of Quebec where 99.5% of the population speaks French. So the English selection in book stores are usually very thin. Finding 5-6 interesting titles among the Nicholas Sparks, Elizabeth Gilbert, James Patterson books is something uncommon for me. 

1 comment: