Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The choice between truth and lies

In my previous blog entries, I talked a lot about lies. The ones you tell to others and the ones you tell to yourself. The first is a tool, the second, a treat. I realized that I never talked much about truth and the choice. Again, I think there's two kind of truth. One for others, one for yourself. The last kind of truth mentionned is on the opposite of lies : rewardful. 

Between truths and lies there's always a three-way choice. Either you choose the lie, truth or nothing at all, which means ignoring the choice. Whatever you choose. Most of the time, it'll be in your own interest. Or so you think it will. Consciously or not. There's always a motive for all of our choices. So basically, I'm not making any extraordinary discovery here. I'm only telling you that sometimes our choices are good and sometimes they're not. Therefore, you might think it's no use to talk about it. Just let go and see where its leading you to. I think otherwise. 

First and foremost. Let's clarify something. Nobody's always telling the truth. If they say they are. They are either lying to you or to themselves or maybe both. Even if it would be possible. It'd be extremly stupid to think your interest always comes with the same answer, the same choice. 

Second, it's a battle, a struggle, a fight. Sometimes, in order to land a punch you have to take one yourself. That means that your interest is never always to duck situations with your choices. Your interest might be to tell a truth or a lie or nothing that gives you a disadvantage now, but will be an advantage later. Think of coming clean when you did something awful to gain back someone's confidence instead of going further down in the moving sands of lies. 

Third, mix it up. I said it's like fighting. If you always throw uppercuts. You'll never / rarely land them. You'll be ineffective. You need to keep people offbalance. Why ? Well let's be honest with ourselves and leave the magical world of fearies and wand of wonders for a second. You own a choice and if someone's got you figured it out, it takes it away. You become vulnerable to this person in a bad way regarding your interest and it will place you in situations where you might not want to. Ohh I see you coming by a mile, lovers, you don't agree because that's what your looking for in your relationship. You want the other to know you so well he'll see right through you. Well, Hello dear fearie, here's a wand of wonder. I'm not a fan of letting others in control of my life. The least pull they have. The better. And there's a reason why. What I want is my path to happiness and I will get what I want only by being my own and only master. And no, lovers, it doesn't mean to stay single. It means to always have that choice to tell the truth, lo lie or to ignore. Because what I want is the motive, the interest I'm talking about. 

So I guess, the lesson I taught myself, over the years, was to know exactly why I'm making my choices between truths, lies and nothing. It must always serve a greater purpose of my engineered life. It must have a meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment