Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Sufferings

I think I need to precise à point about sufferings. I'm not the bouddhist type of man who thinks suffering comes from desires. Well it's very true. I do think that. But the bouddhist solution, to not desire anything, is somehow a nonsense to apply in our lives. I mean, unless you've got a strong willpower and become a monk or an hermite. It's an ideal that is quite impossible to achieve and it becomes absurd to chase it. 

So we're doomed to manage our sufferings. Again, I'm not a fan of letting things go and wait for getting better when I'm down or to wait and live with it long enough to be used to it so it becomes less harmful. These methods, often used by many, are for those who complaint about their bad luck or their fate. Let me use myself as an example. I'm not the type of man who pleases women. I used to suffer from it and to apply theses methods and quite frankly. They work, until next time you suffer. Because they don't force you to change. 

My point is, sufferings are to be embraced and praised. It's your feelings talking to your inner "you". It means you're not who you want to be. For the record, I don't think there's an end of this. You should never be complaisant with yourself. If you are, then you're missing something. Anything that can trigger improvement of self should be taken seriously. It should never be something you let go. It's an opportunity and it's valuable. It turns to suffer into something good instead of something bad if you get to understand and find a meaning out of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment