Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I'm finally back

I know I know. My last post was in June and it said that a new site was coming. My apologies. I had other worries. I worked a lot, limiting my free time. On top of that, I've experienced a very frustrating and depressing period. I wasn't complaining or anything but I simply shut out. When I wasn't drunk and playing bass I was sleeping. I don't think I need to explain myself more than that but I'll add a little something.

I went through many strong emotions and you may know, if you read my blog that I often associate humans with animals. In order to survive, many animals rely on violence. Over the past few months I had many violent fantasies. Don't get me wrong I didn't fell for them. I'm civilized. I know I can't use violence to take care of my problems. You can't simply punch someone in the face, even if he deserved it but you can feel the need to be violent. To act like an animal. To let your frustrations out. 

Humans are violent in many ways other than the physical way. One of them is psychological. If you can get in trouble for using physical violence, you won't get much, in the sense of the law, about the psychological. You can fight back but for many reasons, if your attacks don't hit the target then you still feel unavenged. Why is it important? I don't know. If someone comes to me and punch me. I may not counter and call the police instead. That's still using something violent in response. Call it civilized or smart in a way to solve the issue, for me it's still retaliation. You put the other in trouble by calling the police. Look at the big and the small history and you'll notice the same pattern : someone get offended and he retaliates. That's how it goes.

So when you can't find anything within what's socially accepted to retaliate against someone who hurt you what do you do? You get over it. Well for me, it was to work long hours, drink a lot and rock by bass. 

Now I'm back and I'll have a lot more to say as this shitty phase turns out to be an inspiration. 

3 comments:

  1. You have to take care of those phases like this. Oversleeping in particular is a sign of extreme fatigue, sometimes depression. I went there once and believe me, past some point, you relinquish control on your life. It's scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I can't say exactly what it was. It was more anger to not have the tools to make two persons pay for what they did to me. If I overslept it was because I had worked 30 hours in a row or because I was so drunk I pissed myself ( happened once, not proud of it).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Constantly oversleeping I mean. Take care of yourself, man.

    ReplyDelete