Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Smooth Criminals Reading Challenge 2012






I was invited to sign up for the smooth criminals reading challenge by Ben Lelièvre from Dead End Follies and I gladly accepted for two main reasons. The first one is for the fun of it. I've never participated in a challenge like this. Second, I really started reading more recently so I had many titles to choose from. Among the books I've read so far, very few were crime novels. I thought this challenge to be the perfect pretext to really get into it and get a feel of the intense primal violence buried deep down inside me, inside most of us.

So here's my choices

Hardboiled classic
The chill by Ross Macdonald

Noir classic
The killer inside me by Jim Thompson

Prison book
One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich by Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Book written by a writer who did time
A Dialogue of Comfort Against Tribulation by Saint Thomas More

Book with a psychopath protagonist
The Collector by John Fowles

Gothic novel
The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson

Classic crime novel
The Manchurian Candidate by Richard Condon

The "Why the hell am I doing this to myself?" book
Plato: Republic by Plato

If you're interested in signing in to this challenge hosted at Dead End Follies for 2012, simply click on the image above.



2 comments:

  1. The Republic isn't at hard as it looks. I'm sure you'll get a kick out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really ? well I'll choose something else for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete