Friday, November 25, 2011

Received my Kindle today



I must say that I'm impressed. It took only 3 days to arrive. Normally  it takes more than one week to receive packages I order. More often two. The first thing I did after unpacking it was to order BEAT to a PULP: Hardboiled and The Lost Children: A Charity Anthology because they're the first two publications of a friend of mine Ben Lelièvre. You can read him at Dead End Follies. He's a smart and interesting guy to read. I guarantee it's worthwhile 

I'm going to finish Gone, baby, gone by Dennis Lehane first and then I'll attack these two collections of short stories and I must say they look as promising as Ben's future as a writer.

Also, The Lost Children is for the benefit of PROTECT and Children 1st Scotland.

I'll probably blog my thoughts about them in a near future. Stay tune and get your copies on the kindle store.

By the way, the Kindle looks like a kick-ass gadget. I might had just got it out of the box and quite frankly I wasn't really informed about it when I ordered it. I just did. But man this thing is cool. It looks like a toy I had back in the days I was a kid. You know the drawing board that worked with magnets and little marbles trap behind the screen. You had to turn the two knobs left and right in order to draw something. Well the kindle sure is more precise than this crap toy but the screen feels the same. I think I'll enjoy it a lot.

Edit : My bad, I reread myself and it sounded like the whole collections were written by Ben. Actually he wrote a story in each of the book mentioned. As for all others writers, I must admit I don't know much about them and will have one or two more clues after reading their stories. 


1 comment:

  1. Always making me blush.

    I sure enjoy the hell out of my Kindle here (had it for two weeks). It's surprisingly addictive to read on this. Hopefully you enjoy the two collections. A lot of great stories on there.

    ReplyDelete