Friday, November 12, 2010

My animal rank

My apologies, I've not written for a while, almost a month since the last post. But there's a good reason to it. I've socially experienced something new. Something to write about. Lately, I've been spending time with this incredible female specimen, in a friendly context. 

Well friendly that's bold to say so. It is by design, by some engineered animal construction. We're simply not of the same animal rank. Or should I say, my rank, in the animal kingdom ladder is way too far from hers. It means we're friend not because I don't feel sexual pulsions about her, but because I don't believe I belong to her rank. So I block these pulsions for the only matter that it 's quite obvious, for a girl of her stature, that she can't feel the same about me. 

I'm not talking about romance, nor love. I'm talking about basic animal instinct. About the forces that drive us into sexual intercourse and unconsciously to the only purpose of our existence : reproduction. So what does this rank I talked about stands for? I think it's the attractive power someone radiates, inviting others to feel sexual pulsions. 

The girl I talked about sure does radiates a lot. Not only because I felt pulsions, but because I noticed a lot of man gravitating around her feeling the same. Actually, I don't think I saw one man around her not feeling it except her father. Even if they're engaged they do feel it. And let me be clear. It's not only a matter of beauty. Yes she's cute, but not outstanding. There's a lot of more beautiful women I know that don't rank as high as her. Let's just say it this way, beauty is more of the potential. It defines the range you stand on the ladder, but not the actual position. The position is more about the whole thing. About the attractive power I told you about.

I think one mistake many do when it comes to chasing for a partner is to create unrealistic expectations. And that might be because you don't know your own rank. I think you have to evaluate your level of confidence. If you're in a situation where your confidence feels low, you might be playing above your head. And because it is low, your chances of success are lower. Think of it this way. If you're playing in your rank, then you'll be more confident. I know what you're thinking. One person might feel less confident for many reasons, not only because he's in a situation where he tries to catch up with someone higher on the ladder. You're right. I told you about the range, or potential of where you stand. It means your rank moves up and down depending on your mood. On a good day, you might be able to charm someone else that feels less attractive. But you'll not be able to satisfy that someone on long term as you'll also have bad days. 

What I'm telling you is a sucessful couple is two person whose ranks range more often the same. Unfortunatly, if you've noticed, there's something tricky. I told you that our only real goal is reproduction. So during your life, you'll have to face situations where what you want, the people you're attracted to, are not of the same rank as you are. There's also the reality that during your life, the range will move up and down. And if you're  in a relationship, these range movements might not be synchronized. So it's important to know your rank so you won't place yourself in tough situation. Not to mention your decisions will be better for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment